Meet Stacey Griffin
Stacey is the founder of Shift, and is a certified sound therapist and meditation teacher based in Amsterdam but originally from Canada. An innovator in the field of sound healing, she’s brought her integrative approach to thousands around the world. From leading conferences and festivals such as SXSW and Wanderlust to corporations such as Calvin Klein & Mercedes to museums and nightclubs; she believes in the power of sound to heal and transform. She’s also an artist and advocate for bringing sound as medicine into the mainstream.
Her journey with sound started as a young child in Canada, playing guitar and saxophone, and later fully immersing herself in the underground techno scene of Detroit. Along the way, she explored various energy healing modalities (Reik, Theta Healing) and learned to harness her high sensitivity and intuitive abilities.
After more than 15 years working predominantly in the fashion industry, from Toronto to Tokyo, LA to NYC, Stacey was forced to slow down and find balance after suffering from burnout. Introduced to meditation in the late ’90s while living in Japan, Stacey returned to the practice to earn her teaching certification in MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction). Stacey now calls Amsterdam home where she lives with her partner and two young children.
For the past 6 years, she’s been creating immersive sound experiences for healing and meditation in inspiring spaces. Her work has been featured in Happinez, Elle & Vogue.
It’s her belief in the power of sound, combined with her own personal transformation using sound and meditation that drives her to help others turn inward to improve their lives.
In this episode, Stacey Griffin discusses:
- How working in fashion and entertainment created her burnout
- Being an Empath and not being able to contribute to a life that she wanted
- How to cope as an empath in the fashion industry
- How trauma can make you not feel safe to be in the body, and what practices she used to heal herself
- How does modern science look at sound and vibration
- What is 4D and 8D multidimensional sound space
- What does a Sound Therapy set & setting look like
- How can binaural beat, toning, humming, and our voice be used to balance and heal your body
- Balancing self-care, entrepreneurial endeavors, and family life
- The challenges of Self-care and day-to-day tasks.
- How can you become a sound therapist yourself?