Meet Belinda Gore Ph.D.
Teacher, Psychologist, Coach, Artist, Author, And Speaker
As a psychologist with graduate degrees in counseling psychology and in public administration, Belinda’s career has covered a private practice in psychotherapy, working as a leadership consultant, and teaching executive and life coaching. When she met anthropologist Felicitas Goodman in 1984, she was introduced to the artwork and religious worldview of indigenous people around the world. Through Dr. Felicitas Goodman’s student, friend, and colleague; she learned to use ritual ancient postures from that art to restore a fundamental human capacity for experiencing the invisible world of spirit. For many years she served as Vice-President, then President, of the Cuyamungue Institute, founded by Dr. Goodman.
Her books, Ancient Ritual Postures (2FriendsPress, 2020), The Ecstatic Experience: Healing Postures for Spirit Journeys (Bear & Company, 2009), and Ecstatic Body Postures: An Alternate Reality Workbook (Bear & Company, 1995) are essential materials for learning the practice of ritual postures. They are the foundation for the workshops she has been teaching internationally for the past 30 years. The books have been translated into German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Polish.
Her study of Jungian psychology began in college and she became a member of the Jung Association of Central Ohio from its inception in 1990. For decades she taught dreamwork, as professional education for psychotherapists and general techniques for the general public. Dreamwork was the basis for early exploration in expressive arts with an emphasis on collage as well as mask-making and dance.
Currently, she teaches coaching based on the Enneagram system of personality typology and spiritual development while continuing to explore various process media as an artist and write about ritual postures, the Enneagram, and the spiritual journey.
In this episode, Belinda Gore discusses:
- Her teacher Dr. Felicita’s Goodman was an American linguist, an anthropologist who researched and explored ritual body postures for many years.
- The evolution of the sacred healing postures
- The different states of consciousness
- Howe to perceive the non-ordinary states of consciousness naturally
- What is dreamwork and how to expand pathways in the brain to perceive the invisible world?
- The ancient practices of ecstatic postures
- Belinda’s first experience with the ecstatic healing postures
- The ritual aspect of preparation for an expanded awareness
- Divination with healing postures oracle cards
- The difference in the posture types, ritual, healing, and initiation
- What is healing and how can we use the postures to bring balance in the mind, body, and spirit?
- Is the current use of the ancient healing postures co-opting the traditions?
- Ancestor work, spirit connection, and the ongoing learning relationship
- Belinda’s learning through Jung, dreamwork, and Enneagram coaching