Meet Maria Papaspyrou in Women in Psychedelics series.
She is an integrative psychotherapist, clinical supervisor, and systemic constellations facilitator based in Brighton, UK. She is the co-founder and co-director of the Institute of Psychedelic Therapy, supporting the development of a psychedelic-aware psychotherapeutic community. She has co-edited Psychedelic Mysteries of the Feminine, and Psychedelics & Psychotherapy: The Healing Potential of Expanded States (due for publication in September 2021).
The Awaken podcast special series:
Women in Psychedelics is a podcast series that does an amazing job of telling the stories of fascinating women who are currently making an impact within the psychedelic and plant healing movement.
My intention for this series is to further amplify female voices within this space. I am driven by bringing to the forefront untold stories, exclusive content, and inspiration. This series to me is about offering and celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and sometimes the unseen achievements of women in this psychedelic renaissance.
In this episode, Maria Papaspyrou discusses:
- Book: Psychedelic Mysteries of the Feminine
- Meaning of Femtheogenic, Archetypal Energies of Regeneration
- How are the Feminine qualities being suppressed in our Western Mindset and social behavior?
- The suppression of the Patriarchal system and the heavy shadow towards anything that threatens its structures.
- In that collective shadow, the feminine and her potential reside. How can we make this more conscious and bring it out of the shadows?
- Shadow work and the golden shadow
- How to understand your own part/contribution to the patriarchal structure?
- How to explore your awareness, reflections, and meaning-making?
- How to do shadow work and when is the good time
- Anima Mundi and our communication to world Soul
- Psychedelic integration what is it and why is it important
- Integration in the new paradigm
- Psychedelics and community contribution
- Institute of Psychedelic training and why she and Tim Read created a two-year program
In this podcast episode with Maria, we refer to an earlier episode with Dr. Tim Read about The Deep Psyche & Psychedelics, Spiritual Emergency, and the Dark Feminine.
If you appreciate our time, efforts, and offers, please feel free to donate to the scholarship program of Awaken The Medicine Within Retreat & Program.
We believe in the Practices of Generosity and Gratitude. The practices of generosity and gratitude are considered foundations on which to build a good life in many of the world’s wisdom traditions. We, therefore, hope to inspire those that can to step into the act of contribution and donate towards our scholarship